Web based social networks and the rapid rise of mobile apps has dramatically altered the communications industry. Concurrent with this disruption, service providers are also challenged with moving their service infrastructures to more modern, flexible, and cost effective architectures. OTT communications is a term used to describe the delivery of real-time communication services, applications, and features “over-the-top” of the Internet. Service providers can leverage their core strengths while using OTT communications to increase their competitiveness, generate new revenues, and increase their importance to customers while evolving to future-ready agile, web-like service delivery architectures.
Acme Packet’s OTT communications solution consists of several products that can be used independently or in conjunction with each other to control the border, manage sessions, and interwork with web services.
Acme Packet’s solution includes:
OTT Communications Applications
- Extend existing access-based communications services over the Internet
- Augment existing communications services with Internet-based features including web and mobile access
- Support existing and emerging WebRTC standards
- Ensure high-quality real-time service delivery to mobile apps
- Move to an agile, web-like service delivery architecture
- New revenues from new and expanded services
- Future-ready core session management
- Increase competitiveness & agility vs. other access and Internet-based providers
- Proven, robust, and secure border control
- Cost-effective, dynamic, web-like core session management
- TSCF support for RTC as a feature within mobile apps
- Multiple Web-based RTC alternatives supported