U.S. Federal Government
Acme Packet provides a range of solutions to support the deployment of IP-based real time communications (voice, video and unified communications) in U.S. civilian and defense agencies. Acme Packet edge boundary controllers (EBCs) are based on the Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director, the industry’s leading session border controller product line.
Acme Packet EBCs:
- Deliver the scalability, reliability and security required in demanding federal government environments
- Include voice-aware firewall and back-to-back user agent functionality
- Satisfy the requirements for security and service assurance set by the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Communications Requirements (UCR)
- Are certified for interoperability and information assurance through U.S. Department of Defense Unified Capabilities (DOD UC)
- Are listed on the DOD UC Approved Product List (APL)
In civilian agency applications, the Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director product family delivers real-time voice, video and unified communications as they traverse IP network border points.
NENA i3 Public Safety
The National Emergency Number Association (NENA) and the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) are promoting a Next-Generation (NG) 9-1-1 system, designed from the ground up to support IP-based technologies, mobile devices, and multi-modal communications. NENA’s i3 architectural standard for NG9-1-1 introduces the concept of an Emergency Services IP network (ESInet) however; extending interactive communications across IP network borders introduces a variety of security, interoperability, and reliability challenges.
Based on the Acme Packet Net-Net® Session Director, the industry’s leading session border controller (SBC) product family, the Acme Packet Border Control Function (BCF) for i3 public safety network applications provides session border control and border firewall functionality in accordance with NENA specifications. The BCF mitigates security threats, resolves interoperability problems and ensures reliable SIP-based communications. It is designed to protect and control real-time voice and video NG9-1-1 sessions as they traverse IP networks.