Acme Packet’s Net-Net® Operating Software (Net-Net OS) is the software foundation for Acme Packet® products and product configurations. Net-Net OS operates on Acme Packet’s purpose-built Net-Net 3820, 4500, 9200 and 14000 systems, as well as general purpose server platforms such as the Acme Packet Net-Net 7000 Series, third party Linux servers and in virtual machine (VM) environments to deliver the combination of software and hardware-based capabilities necessary to power session delivery networks scaling from small and medium enterprises up to those operated by the world’s largest service providers.
Net-Net OS leverages a modular design that allows Acme Packet products to utilize only the software components and associated functions/features needed for a specific product or product configuration. It offers rich control functionality in terms of architectural flexibility, signaling protocol breadth, control function and feature depth, and carrier class availability and manageability.
- Real-time and non-real-time communications services and applications
- Acme Packet products and product configurations – Net-Net SD, SR, PD, SMX, SG and A-SLB
- Operates on Acme Packet purpose-built hardware platforms or certified third party servers
- Broad set of controls based on active product configuration
- Tight integration between software and hardware functions based on hardware platform and installed options
- Modular architecture designed for flexible deployment to satisfy diverse service and application needs
- Simplifies multi-product deployments
- Enables smooth transition to next-generation services and applications
- Limits capex
- Reduces opex