The Acme Packet Net-Net 6300 combines groundbreaking performance, capacity and system throughput in a 3RU form factor with the industry’s most proven and comprehensive session delivery functions and features, building the foundation for future generation IP real-time communications services. It is based on a next-generation hardware design that leverages state-of-the-art components and 64-bit symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) in a modular system designed for growth and flexibility. The Net-Net 6300 operates
the same version of Net-Net OS as Acme Packet’s market-leading Net-Net 4500 for uncompromised field-proven functionality in a number of product configurations and options.
Its three rear-slots accommodate dual-port 10 Gbps network interface units (NIU) for flexible deployment at high-volume network access or interconnect borders or within the service provider signaling core. Based on an architecture that tightly integrates Net-Net OS with Acme Packet’s distributed multi-processor hardware, the Net-Net 6300 is designed to handle the largest volumes of session traffic generated by next-generation services such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE), Rich Communications Suite (RCS/RCS-e) and HD video calling. It features carrier-class high availability and NEBS certification
to ensure non-stop operation and survivability in the most business-critical services and applications.
- Service provider session border control (SBC) – access and interconnect
- Session routing proxy (SRP)
- Access SBC with IMS core session management (Net-Net SMX)
- High-performance, purpose-built multi-processor design
- Linux-based 64-bit OS kernel
- Capable of supporting up to 1 million simultaneous subscribers
- 40 Gbps system throughput
- Protects investment in existing SBC infrastructure
- Meets all emerging service requirements in efficient 3RU form factor
- Reduced total cost of ownership