Acme Packet’s advanced session routing proxy (SRP), the Net-Net® Session Router, overcomes the challenges inherent in routing SIP-based voice, messaging and multimedia sessions in service provider networks.
The Net-Net Session Router plays a central role in Acme Packet’s Open Session Routing (OSR) architecture and helps service providers build a scalable next generation signaling core. Net-Net Session Router provides high performance SIP routing with scalable routing policies that increase overall network capacity and reduce costs. In IMS networks, fulfills the requirements of the 3GPP Breakout Gateway Control Function (BGCF) function.
The Net-Net Session Router is supported on multiple Acme Packet hardware platforms and third-party servers. It leverages the Net-Net OS software platform to offer industry-leading SIP routing performance, routing control and deployment options, openness and interoperability, high availability and cost-effectiveness.
Services and Applications
- Core session routing for VoIP, RCS, VoLTE
- Class 4 routing for inter-regional & trans-network
- SIP interconnect load balancing
- Wholesale/IPX transit services
- Routing services: least cost routing, number portability, CNAM delivery
- High-performance SIP routing
- Extensive and flexible routing policies
- Local and external routing database support
- Programmable interworking & mediation
- Net-SAFE security and overload control
- Compact and scalable platforms
- Carrier-class high availability
- Reduces complexity and cost of delivering SIP multimedia services
- Enables cost-effective network scalability
- Mitigate risk and protect network uptime
- Provides rapid interoperability and faster time to market