The Net-Net Diameter Director addresses security, interoperability, routing and scaling challenges in next-generation Long Term Evolution (LTE) and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) networks. It provides critical control functions—congestion control, mediation and routing—for Diameter transactions and sessions for subscriber authentication, authorization, mobility, and charging and quality of service (QoS) for services.
Acme Packet’s Diameter signaling controller (DSC) supports multiple applications—core Diameter routing, LTE data and VoLTE roaming, and federated service delivery—by enabling the exchange of subscriber profile information within-or-between networks. These functions enable the seamless exchange of subscriber and session data and reduces the mesh of Diameter connections that negatively impact network performance, scalability and management. It fulfills numerous standards-based functional elements in a single product: Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), Subscriber Location Function (SLF) and Diameter Edge Agent (DEA).
The Net-Net Diameter Director is supported on Acme Packet hardware and select third-party server platforms. It leverages the Acme Packet Net-Net OS software platform to offer industry-leading DSC security and control capabilities for Diameter signaling, performance, carrier-class availability and manageability. These functions reduce costs, streamline networks and assure availability for LTE and IMS networks.
- Core Diameter routing
- LTE and VoLTE roaming
- OTT and cloud federated service delivery
- High-performance, stateful Diameter processing
- Net-SAFE security and overload control
- Programmable interworking and mediation
- Extensive and flexible routing policies
- Monitoring & KPI reporting
- Universal Diameter application support
- Compact and scalable platforms
- Reduces complexity and cost of 3G, LTE and IMS
- Enables cost-effective network scalability
- Mitigates risk and protects network availability
- Provides rapid interoperability and faster time to market
- Improves visibility and enhances planning and troubleshooting