Acme Packet Net-Net Enterprise Session Director (ESD) is the industry’s leading enterprise session border controller (E-SBC). The Net-Net ESD allows you to connect IP communications networks by safeguarding enterprise security, resolving interoperability problems and ensuring reliable communications. Acme Packet E-SBCs are designed to protect and control real-time voice, video and unified communications as they traverse IP network borders.
Businesses install Acme Packet E-SBCs at Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) network borders where enterprise communications systems interface with the Internet or IP communications service provider networks. The E-SBC offers unmatched architectural flexibility and proven multivendor and service provider interoperability.
- SIP trunking – ESD is the demarcation between enterprise and service provider trunks, providing security, interoperability and service assurance
- Consolidated IP telephony & UC networks – ESD enables disparate remote PBX and UC systems to be consolidated onto a common MPLS network by curing incompatibilities, routing sessions and controlling QoS
- IP-enabled contact centers – ESD connects contact center and enterprise systems to each other and SIP trunking services, delivering secure, reliable end-to-end communications services
- Hosted IP communications services – ESD provides secure access to hosted conferencing, BPO and other services via SIP trunks or Internet connections
- Remote workers & offices – ESD enables remote personnel to securely access enterprise UC systems via Internet services
- Advanced denial of service & overload protection
- Fraud detection & prevention
- SIP protocol normalization
- H.323 to SIP protocol interworking
- Optional 1:1 high availability
- Accelerates service deployment
- Protects IT infrastructure, services & applications
- Guards against malicious attacks
- Optimizes performance & service quality